Kirstie Alley's Blog

Official Kirstie Alley Blog

10 Healthy Eating & Living Tips

March4

After working as a Registered Dietitian for over 17 years, our Organic Liaison Health Director developed these mottos and principles to help others stay motivated and achieve their weight loss goals. Keep these words in mind while on your journey to a lean, hot you!

1. “Have a meal free from TV, Books, and Papers. Be present when you eat.”
2. “Part of the definition of eating is enjoying food. Eat mindfully.”
3. “If a diet is only successful while you are actively on it, it’s not a success. A lifestyle change lasts for a lifetime.”
4. “If you’re thirsty, you are already dehydrated.”
5. “Eat a variety of foods. Each food is its own state; we need the whole map of foods to meet all our vitamin and mineral needs.”
6. “When it comes to oil, if the food puts shine on your fingers, it will put grease in your body.”
7. “Enjoy your dessert without guilt; it’s part of the plan – it’s all about balance.”
8. “No one ever regrets going to the gym; it’s getting there that people have a hard time with.”
9. “You need fuel to burn fuel. Eat before you exercise.”
10. “Laugh daily. Laughter improves your immune system, works your abs, and lightens things up.”

__

To receive health tips, diet and exercise advice, recipes and more, register for a free Organic Liaison account.

12 Comments to

“10 Healthy Eating & Living Tips”

1. On March 5th, 2011 at 9:59 pm Phil Says:

Kirstie, glad to see you’re living life to the fullest! You will always be beautiful! And being a beautiful, skinny actress when you were young to gaining a few pounds, and now shrinking back to your former glory all in a fun and enjoyable light, I think you will be one of the few actress role models women from all around will look at and admire!

2. On March 6th, 2011 at 7:09 am Jim Rish Says:

Kirsty’s eyes must be a trademark because I don’t think anyone’s ever seen anything like them and uncannily beautiful. The only other person that I can think of that has eyes that have a similar affect is Lauren Bacall. Kirsty was wearing glasses in one movie and she looked phenomenal in those as well. I’m surprised that she hasn’t been called by Eyemasters, that is if she hasn’t been already.

3. On March 9th, 2011 at 9:59 am Aishat Ahmadu Says:

Hi keep up the good work, you are beautiful

4. On March 22nd, 2011 at 6:29 pm Susan Says:

You are looking good. I saw your dance. You have a beautiful head of hair, but I think it would look better with a little curl. Also, darker stockings might make your legs look slimmer. I have been doing Zumba since October and have lost 5 inches on my hips and waist. Good luck with Dancing w/the stars.

5. On March 22nd, 2011 at 10:28 pm Margie Says:

Kirstie your dancing last night on Dancing With The Stars was awesome. Keep up the good work – I hope to see you win that Mirror Ball Trophy!

6. On March 23rd, 2011 at 8:54 am L. Michaelson Says:

I hope you go all the way on dwts. Then you can tell letterman to kiss your a**.

7. On March 26th, 2011 at 6:45 pm tish Says:

From one dancer to another your ChaCha looked great, Kirstie! I think you already understand one of the fundamentals in dance — finding joy in the music itself!

8. On May 10th, 2011 at 2:26 am Julie N. Says:

You always have my vote, you are doing great, love your dancing, and you are really losing lots of weight, you look great, you are an inspiration

9. On May 24th, 2011 at 7:12 pm Jan Truelove Starling Says:

Kirstie,
    I am a big fan of yours no matter what size you are. You come accross as a very friendly,warm and fun person. And all are right about eyes and hair. I am interested in your organic liaison. But it is alittle costly for me. I have had many health problems since I fell on the job over ten years ago. Could you give me some other things to try. I live in
    Florida the poor state.

Your friend,
    Jan

10. On May 25th, 2011 at 4:58 pm J C Says:

Kirstie

I have never posted on a celebrity site but I want you to know
    how much joy your dancing, and willingness to get out there,
    has given me. Keep at it — jc

11. On May 25th, 2011 at 10:53 pm Glynna Says:

Kirstie, I voted for you every time I saw you on DWTS. You have always been gorgeous, but you are even MORE GORGEOUS NOW! I’m SO THRILLED for you to see you shrinking and with more energy and stamina, strength and joy! Watching you and Maks was SHEER DELIGHT! You are both MARVELOUS dancers and I loved your costumes!!!

You have REALLY inspired me (I’m overweight and in my late 50’s). I’m recovering from a near-fatal car accident and dealing with the aftermath of that, but I’m going to get on the Organic Liaison products and change my way of eating forever, so I can dance again, too!!!!! I think you and Maks should have won the mirrorball with all you had to overcome and how HARD you both worked!!!!! Much love to you and I wish you a joyful life and journey to perfect, everlasting health!!!! :) )

12. On May 29th, 2011 at 1:05 am niki louca Says:

Too bad we Canadian fans could not vote for Kirstie for DWTS. She would have won the trophy.

She is gorgeous and fiesty, and such an inspiration to us all.

All the be to you kiddo.

Email will not be published

Website example